ASUNM Student Special Events (SSE) is the branch of student government (ASUNM) that provides the University of New Mexico with multicultural, diverse events that include concerts, speakers, a spring festival (Fiestas), and community outreach activities. For an idea of what types of events SSE produces, please go to our events section.
7th Annual Fight for Fiestas
UNM's annual battle of the bands competition for bragging rights and an opening spot at our end of the year Fiestas music festival on April 12th. Click HERE for an application.
• Each band must be comprised of at least 33% UNM students, some alumni exceptions.
• Each band will be allotted a maximum of 15 minutes to play, this does not include set-up or sound check time. This will be determined after all applications are turned in.
• There will be a mandatory meeting for the selected artists on Tuesday, March 11th @ 5PM in the SSE office in Room 1064 in the Student Union Building. At least one band member must attend.
• Judging will be part audience choice and part staff choice.
• *The winner* will have a spot at this year’s music and art festival, Fiestas – April 12th 2014.
• ***APPLICATIONS ARE DUE***: Friday, February 28th by 5pm, to the SSE office, Room 1064 in the Student Union Building.
There is currently no event information available.